7/21/2010
Ready for Change
Obama promised it to the country, now I promise for myself. In less than a month I will be a Texan! Ok legally the government considers me a Texas right now, and my heart is there, but the rest of me has been in Ohio. For my personal life, I couldn't be happier. After four years of seriously long distance relationship, Charlie and I will be in the same zip code permanently, a change that is long overdue. Professionally, I'm a little freaked about leaving my lab and being somewhat on my own while writing my dissertation, but I'm glad to see the projects that I have invested my blood, sweat and tears winding down. More scary so is deciding what to do after I graduate, and that is a far less certain step. I am hoping the down time while writing my dissertation will give me time to contemplate those next steps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so happy for the two of you. I can't really fathom how hard it's been to be apart all of that time. You will figure out the job stuff. I know you will.
Post a Comment