7/18/2010
Food Win!
Check out my loot from the farmer's market! Best of all, everything was chemical free! Though not everything was certified organic. The blueberries are so delicious. I made a salad the way my mom taught me. And nothing beats fresh cucumbers and cherry tomatoes, I don't know why the grocery store even tries.
The trick my mom taught me for salad is cut up the cucumbers and slide the onions really thin (can you even see them in the picture?). Then add salt, and let set for an hour or so. The salt causes the juice to come out of the veggies and also mellows the onion, and it makes for a great dressing. Later I ended up adding oil, vinegar, and herbs, but it's great on its own too.
Finally, I'm trying to clean out my cupboard before I move, and found that a lemon-lime meringue pie was using everything I already had. My first meringue pie! Hope it tastes as good as it looks, it is setting in the fridge right now. I think whipped egg whites are just the coolest thing. Yep I'm a dork.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment