5/13/2010

What blogging means

Since I've just started this blog, I've become more interested in what other people blog about. So, I scrolled through some on blogger, to what I assume would be a random sample of the variety of blogs out there. What I've come across: lots of family blogs, as well as several fashion/art, cooking, personal journal-type blogs, then to a lesser extent some technology, political, religious, budget living, and then a few random other things. To some extent these aren't surprising, I think a lot of people would agree family first, cooking and fashion are also things some people think about on a daily basis (although so are many of the things not blogged about as much). I am surprised by the lack of work blogs. While I don't expect people to talk about fights with their coworkers or the big deal that's about to go down, I am surprised that people don't say a little about what they spend at least 8 hours of most days doing. And while I think some of it may deal with privacy concerns, I also think that a lot of people do not consider their jobs blog-worthy (or meaningful maybe?). I also know that while I like my work, after spending all day working I often would rather spend my time thinking about something else.


I've also tried to think about what interests me and what I've written about so far. So far, a cooking day, a health post, a random post about Austin, and another random post about my day. So far, pretty random. Then I start thinking about what I'd like to write and I came up with this: a variety of cooking/food, entertainment, friends & family, news/politics, science/green living, status updates, and then random things that come to me. That's the new plan, trying to distribute posts fairly evenly across these topics. Stay tuned to see how it goes!

1 comment:

bridget said...

it cracks me up you decided to research a random sample of blogs!